Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I WILL UPDATE, SO HELP ME GOD

Alright, y’all, it’s time to stop being a slacker about this blog. I am back into comedy, so I need to be back into this blog as well. I just performed again for the first time in a long time. I opened for a comic named Dan Nainan, who was a very polished if somewhat standard comic. His hook is that he is half Indian and half Japanese, but a lot of his stuff was pretty standard race fare. He was really nice after the show, though, and you could tell he really loved what he was doing, so it was really nice to get to open for him.

I have a video of my set on Youtube, and you can see it here. I didn’t get a mike, which sucks balls, and as a result I lost a little of the subtlety that I think I get when I don’t have to YELL my jokes to the audience. I did 2 new jokes, the second tattoo bit and the smoking games bit, and both of them went pretty well. I think I should add something about the Chinese symbol for love in my tattoo joke, those are pretty lame as well. The joke about La Jetee (Wikipedia for spelling!) was just for Matt, my trusty camera-man/partner in crime. It got a pretty nice laugh, though. I like how I can sound like a movie snob just because my MCM friend told me about 1 French short film.

Anyway, my set went pretty well, and I hope to show this video to the owner of the Comedy Studio in Cambridge so I can get some stage time in February. I would love to get into the Boston scene as soon as possible, because I know there is a ton of great comedy going on there, and I want to dip my toe in before I leave to go to DC/Chicago/NYC/Austin next year.

I have a new bit idea that I will incorporate in the middle of my set if I get more time than 5 minutes. It’s about a new game I made up called “7 degrees to Neve Campbell” where you have to connect any actor to Neve Campbell in 7 degrees or fewer. The catch is, the last degree has to be through Kevin Bacon in Wild Things. I think it’s really going to take off.

I am such an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home