Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back in Prov

So I drove up to Providence on Wednesday, in a car without a stereo or air conditioning. I was pretty high on caffeine from my grande ice coffee from Starbucks, and so I wrote a lot of pretty decent ideas on the ride up. Like an idiot, I typed them into my laptop on the interstate so i wouldn't forget them. This is a typical example of how the economic cost-benefit analysis isn't used in real life situations. So I got a few good ideas, and I am really excited for this year, when I get to use all these ideas that will go over well in a college crowd. I just need to keep writing so that I have new material in every show I do.

In awesome-related news, I am going to New York City on the 15th of Sep. to see Patton Oswalt, David Cross, Fred Armisen, Brian Posehn, and Jon Benjamin perform on the Comedians of Comedy tour. Then I will be driving/taking the train back to Providence the next day to see Patton, Brian, and Eugene Mirman perform at Lupo's (for free). I am a comedy nerd/obsessive idiot, but I already had the Providence ticket, and David Cross and Fred Armisen are way too good to miss. I may not be driving, since I need to get my car fixed again,
but the bus is probably cheaper than the gas/tolls I will have to pay by driving.

Alright, have a good beginning of the schoolyear, I will probably update when I know when my next show will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home